Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quick Update and Heaven in a Bundt!!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

I am extremely sorry that we are such slackers. We have been busy enjoying the end of summer. Lots of fun has been had and blog entries will hopefully follow with all of the craft projects we've done and trips we have traveled. Already time has flown by and the start of school is only weeks away with Fall officially starting in only a month!! The chilly winds of Ann Arbor have put me in a baking mood. I dug out The Joy of Vegan Baking cookbook by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau and life has been sweet ever since! I first baked delicious oatmeal raisin cookies and today I crafted up some mini bundt cakes with the carrot cake recipe in the book. My mother has named these little treats "Heaven in a Bundt." Below is the recipe. I didn't have walnuts, so I added extra raisins. Enjoy! --Hannah




Ingredients
3T ground flaxseed
1/2c water
2/3c canola oil
1 1/2c finely grated peeled carrots
1c chopped walnuts
1c raisins
1 1/3c all-purpose flour
1c granulated sugar
1 1/2t baking soda
1t baking powder
1t ground cinnamon
1/2t ground cloves
1/2t ground nutmeg
1/2t ground allspice
1/2t salt

Directions
1- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 degree
2- Lightly grease 9 x 9 cake pan (I used my 6 mini bundt pan)
3- Whip together flax seed and water for about 2 minutes
4- Add oil and blend completely
5- Add carrots, raisins and walnuts and stir
6- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and salt
7- Add wet ingredients to dry and combine
8- Scrape batter into pan and spread evenly
9- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 30 mins (I only baked the bundts for about 18)
10- Let pan cool for 15 mins
11- Loosen cake from edges and invert cake out of pan


No comments:

Post a Comment