Thursday, March 14, 2013

Royal Baby Names

An Article came out yesterday that then name Elizabeth Diana Carole is top name for baby Windsor. It's seems that a lot of the world is convinced that Kate & Wills are having a girl. I won't lie I am wanting a little girl more than a little boy... because who doesn't love a little princess. I am sure however, no matter the gender of this baby it will be a cute one. Wills looks just like his mother Diana and Kate is a pretty lady too.
As your Royal Baby correspondent I have been thinking long and hard about baby names. And the three names predicted were on my list, among several others.


Little royal lady...

Elizabeth: An obvious classic choice, named after several Elizabeths. The queen, Kate's middle name is Elizabeth and Kate's mother Carole middle name is also Elizabeth.

Diana: I am sure, if the royal baby is a girl the name Diana will be incorporated somehow. I am not sure they would give the baby the first name Diana, for one I am not sure how the Royal Family would feel Diana wasn't exactly their favorite... but it's also a huge responsibility to carry that name. Diana is one of the most beloved women not only in England but around the world. Giving a baby that name seems like a lot of pressure. However it wouldn't surprise if it was a a middle name. I could see them even calling her by her middle name. Maybe little D or Di.

Philippa: I love the name Philippa. Kate's best friend (although I wish it was me) is her sister  Philippa  or "Pippa" as we like to call her. Phillip is the name of William's grandfather so this name has two meanings behind it. Philippa wouldn't be a first name.

Carole: The name of Kate's mum! It won't be a fist name but It could easily be one of the middle names.

Victoria: A classic English name. the Windsors come from a long line of Victorias. It's a pretty name and also a family name (i.e.Queen Victoria)

Charlotte: Charlotte (along with Vivian) is one of my favorite names! I could see Kate & William using this name... Since William's dads name is Charles and Pippa's middle name is Charlotte... I hope they don't use it... I liked it first.

Now for prince names,

Spencer: I can't imagine Spencer being a first name, but to honor William's mother and her side of the family I could see Spencer being in the child's name somewhere.

Henry: William's best friend is his mischievous ( and handsome ) brother Harry. Again I don't see this name as first name but is definitely a possibility! ( I also think Henrietta could be a fun a name for a little girl...)

Arthur : One of Williams middle names and popular family name. (not a huge fan of this name)

William: I wouldn't be surprised if William named his son William or had it as a middle name.Its a great name with lots of nicknames available.

Charles: Not just after Prince Charles, but after Diana's brother, William's uncle Charles.

Those are my predictions, but then again who really has any idea. We won't know the name of the baby until it arrives and I sure I will be waiting by tv with a bowl of popcorn and a glass of champagne!

xx
Your Royal Baby Correspondent,
Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment