Friday, September 16, 2011

My Last Week Being Twenty

One week from today I will be turning 21! I feel like it has been a long time coming, as most of my friends have already broken the threshold to the grown-up age. I am excited for it, don't get me wrong, but I do feel I'll have a certain responsibility to step up and become an adult. Regardless to the fact that I will never actually grow up (just like I will never actually be a "normal girl"), I feel like I should spend the last week of my twentieth year of life enjoying my youth. Below are a selection of things I pledge to partake in my last moments as a "little girl":
  • I will wear my hair in pigtails
  • I will thoroughly enjoy all  sorts of sweets - particularly, lollipops and cupcakes
  • I will spend quality time skipping to and fro with my Nearly Normal counterpart, Kimmy
  • I will spend time trying on my mother's make-up (I would say her high heels too, but her feet are tiny compared to the water skis I walk around on)
  • I will have a tea party with my favorite stuffed animals (but the tea will really be sugar water, the crumpets will be graham crackers and I won't really share with the animals)
  • I will jump rope and sing silly rhyming songs
  • I will create secret handshakes
  • I will swing so high that I feel like I'm flying

No comments:

Post a Comment